Greece in Hindsight


J-term 2011 religion 211, my first chance to travel in Europe, Greece in particular.
Once I discovered that I was going on the trip in early May, face book helped me find out who else was going on the trip. I found out that a few of my friends were also going with me to Greece. We decided to get together and celebrate our good fortune. We enjoyed the evening and took some pictures, every chance we got we would remind each other about the trip.

I would have to say that the biggest thing to take away from the trip is to get to know people in the group even if they are good friends to begin with. I came on this trip knowing a few people, I came back knowing more and expanding my group of friends. Not only did I come back with more friends but also the memories that our group shares. Between good company and good memories, the little things are what can make a trip really fun.  You should enjoy as much as possible, because I was able to wake up semi early and stay out late, It seemed that I saw so much more; it felt like I was in Greece for a year instead of a month. Being able to take in more and laugh with others made this one the best trips I have been on. As I said in an earlier blog, you have to enjoy the little things, but I have to add that as well you have to find the good in all things as well. Like when it’s dumping rain and you are inside a cafĂ© playing cards waiting for it to stop, telling stories and jokes. If you can smile, you will enjoy everything around you more no matter what.

As the last few hours of being in Greece, we wanted to recreate the photo we took almost 7 months ago. It was the “After” picture, even though we did not have sparkling cider it still worked out.  

comments:

Jordyn Nelson said...

I think it says something that we are all standing a bit closer in the 'after' picture than in the 'before' picture :)

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577