Greece In Hindsight

This picture sums up the trip for me.  History, crazy weather, and a lot of laughter.  There were many times where I cracked a joke about the weather in Greece being like the weather in Washington; completely bi-polar.  And then there were times when I knew the two just couldn't compare.  I mean, Meeker Mansion is cool and all, but the Acropolis in Athens is much better!  There's so much history wrapped up into one place that I was constantly reminded of just how small my world at home is.  No matter how much education I receive, it can only provide me with a fraction of the history the world holds.


Though the picture above sums it all up, there are better pictures to show what I remember most when I look back on my time in Greece.
  Family



If you take a look at our many blogs, the one thing we all have in common is the fact that we bonded to at least one other person in the group, if not the group as a whole.  When we left for Greece, we left as a group of 21 people who didn't really know each other.  When we came home, we arrived as a group of 21 people who wondered what it would be like to live life again without the 20 other people surrounding them.  We came back as a family.  We're still in the process of uploading our many pictures and tagging each other left and right, but that will soon slow down and Greece will begin to fade away.  We'll stay in contact for another semester or so, and then maybe every once in awhile we'll make a comment about Greece and we'll all have a good flashback together.  I know this sounds depressing and sad, but the thing is, our family in Greece will never be replaced.  Some of us will stay friends for sure, but others will find their life taking a different path; that's okay.  What I find so incredibly awesome is the fact that my memories of the people on the trip are all positive.  I'm on the blog and I'm on facebook and I see that we already miss each other.  We are realizing what a great thing we had; we realize that this group was rare.  You can't often throw 21 people together for 3 weeks and expect them to bond the way we did, but we beat the odds.  We made history all on our own.  We took a scary and exciting experience and made it one that none of us will ever forget.  Thank you, everyone.  My memories are priceless, and it's all because of you.









comments:

There are currently no comments.

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577