My moment in Greece

My moment in Greece is one i'll never forget. As i stood in the small summer kitchenette, trying to fin-naggle my bathing trunks on. All i could think of was getting in that crystal blue water as soon as possible. As i got myself situated, i walked toward the water... There were only five of us brave enough to get in there bathing suits. As i walk to the waters edge, everyone is standing around doing nothing. Only the water moved with the breeze coming from the North. People are looking whether or not they should jump. I decide, "screw it, I'm jumping in!" I walk the water edge with a little pep in my step. I take one step, two, and jumped as high i could. As i flew through the air, all i could envision of how the water might be colder beyond belief. As my hands first touch the water, i knew, it was to late... i've already fully committed and i was going in no matter if i wanted to or not. As i broke the waters surface, cool water enclasped my body. I was entirely under the water, pushed with all my might to the surface, then realized i had sprung into the air. It was then that i noticed that i had jumped into the oceans of the gods. The water was cool, but not cold, brisk, but refreshing. I had jumped into a Nirvana, and i didn't want it to end.
     As my fellow 4 other classmates jumped into the Mediterranean, they to began to realize my nirvana, and enjoy every second they had of it. The swam and encouraged our other classmates to jump in, but they wouldn't budge. But, this moment i felt was only mine for a matter of seconds... only i felt it. And as i fully submersed myself after my first dive, i knew i had to enjoy that moment, because within a matter of seconds i knew i wouldn't be alone in this moment. But for those few seconds, it was MY moment in Greece.

Diving in for what must have been my hundredth time. I enjoyed every second of that water!

comments:

There are currently no comments.

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577