Greece In Hindsight

One thing I take away from my complete experience in Greece is a stronger sense of national pride. My visit to Spain years ago first introduced me to a sense of overwhelming national pride, and this excursion to Greece reminded me of that sentiment. The Greeks are very proud of their heritage; it's apparent throughout every part of their country. I enjoyed my time in Greece, but being a visitor to Greek culture made me more aware of national pride, both for the Greeks and for myself. While I liked a lot of Greek culture, I am also very happy to be back in my own country, with customs and traditions I fully understand. I appreciate learning and experiencing new things, but stepping back into a culture I fully understand is very comforting. I think it's a wonderful thing to be proud of one's heritage and to present that culture to others, which was something we got a good feel for in Greece. The Greek people loved to share themselves with us; I feel we got a very good taste of Greek culture, more than most tourists would get, by being open to trying new things and taking in as much as we could. It was a great trip, and we were able to learn a lot about Greek culture; learning about a different system of living makes you think about your own differently as well, and this can cause us to appreciate what we have in different ways.

comments:

There are currently no comments.

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577