Greece In Hindsight

(Photo taken by, Eric Gross)
What I'll remember most fondly about Greece is the connections I've made with people. People are what make me long to come back to a place. To have someone witness with you the experience we had in Greece is a rare blessing. The "People!" make all the difference and it would be quite a different experience if there were no one there to share it with. I think we were lucky to have this mix of students on this trip. Other J-term abroad groups weren't as lucky and were clawing at one another to get home and away from where ever it is they were. Not this group. I get the sense this group wants to go back. I hope someday we find ourselves again in Greece and with good company. The withdrawal of being back from something spectacular will eventually wear off, but the desire to travel again never subsides. Beautiful moments like the one captured above will always make me want to come back to Greece. However in some small way, I don't want to relive it again, not so soon at least...for fear that it won't be as fulfilling as these last few weeks . I'm grateful with how we discovered Greece; and I think we did it right the first time around. Reminiscing is still bittersweet, however. Class today will be interesting debriefing and bringing closure to such an amazing trip. I still think we should have a little Greek pow-wow....what do you say, Dr. Finitsis?


comments:

There are currently no comments.

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577