Greece in Hindsight

I never thought that I would actually get to go on this trip. I just remember going to the study abroad fair last spring wandering around the packed room I walked up to the table for Greece and was immediately sold on the trip. There were so many people crowded around the table it took me about 15 minutes to even get close enough to grab a brochure. Later that week I filled out the application and waited to hear from the Wang Center; the amount of people talking about this trip and how many there were at the fair I never thought I'd get chosen to go but sure enough a few months later I was packing my bags for Athens. I didn't know what to expect from this trip, I thought it would be amazing and beautiful but I couldn't have dreamed all the wonderful experiences I gained from it. I was blown away by the sheer beauty of the sights, the different and sometimes crazy experiences, the great friends I've made and the thousands of laughs we've shared. As I've said before this trip has allowed me to step outside of my normal routine and truly discover who I am. Coming back home the whole experience seems like dream, like it never even happened. It's almost like it was too good to be true; one of those experiences that is life changing and you can't quite describe it to anyone else- it's an inside joke and only those of us who were there get it.

comments:

There are currently no comments.

Post a Comment

Wang Center for Global Education, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue S. Tacoma, WA 98447 253-531-7577